Flu Vaccines May Not Be Working
Most of Americans are inundated by local media, pharmacies, doctors and schools to get the flu vaccine each year. While I’m not a medical professional and neither is my 9 year old daughter, she made a profound and strikingly true statement to me last week.
She explained to me that she noticed that all the teachers at school where getting flu shots and yet they still were getting sick.
I couldn’t help but chuckle and applaud her for noticing such an insight that seems obvious to many people in the health profession.
And no, I’m not laughing because people are getting sick. And I’m not telling anyone to go against what their health professional has advised. But I’m not the only person that’s witnessing vaccinated individuals getting just as sick if not more sick than those who have chosen to not vaccinate this year.
So what can we do to ward off the flu???
Typical Flu Prevention Tips
Here are some very common tips that you have probably been familiar with in preventing flu symptoms…lets just review just in case.
1. Wash hands regularly.
2. Stay away from sickly people.
3. Get enough sleep.
4. Take over the counter flu preventing supplements like Airborne.
5. Avoid touching your eyes.
6. Manage stress.
7. Drink plenty of water.
8. Exercise every day.
Unconventional Flu Prevention Tips
Flu this year for anyone who’s had it, has commented that it’s the worst ever. In fact most of my super health friends have gotten hit and even myself included, which both are shocking to me…so I believe it’s time to think outside the box, because experts say (including the CDC) that the next round of an even worse strand of flu is to be expected.
Most people know that I’m the queen of unconventional and I think it’s important to mention these unconventional tips that could really help in preventing another serious outbreak in your house.
1. Buy new tooth brushes or disinfect EVERY day your current brush. You can use Peroxide or Alcohol.
2. Wash in hot water and in bacteria fighting liquid (bleach) all your sheets, pillow cases and pillows. Buying new pillows isn’t a bad idea either.
3. Reduce or completely eliminate consuming alcohol or tobacco products. Both of these impair an optimally performing immune system.
4. Use a Neti Pot with Colodial Silver or simply spray the silver in the nose.
6. Amp up on Vitamin D3 (unless you can get natural sunlight on most of your bare skin for more than 30 minutes a day). D3 is like a miracle “drug” that will help to boost the immune system like you wouldn’t believe.
7. Increase your intake of DARK GREENS. A great way to do this is through juicing! Dark greens will help to detox and increase immunity, not to mention it can help with your mental clarity and can increases in your energy as well.
8. Use an air filter to aid in reducing airborne toxins.
9. Say positive affirmations daily, affirming your healthy immune system. (ex. “I’m thankful for my healthy body.” “I’m grateful for having a strong immune system.” “I’m excited to know that all my organs and systems are performing optimally, keeping me healthy.”)
10. Keep doing research to empower yourself to stay healthy.
Thankful for Being Sick
I will be the first to admit that I did already get sick this year. It lasted about 48 hours where I wanted to die, but then lingered on for about 3 weeks with an annoying cough, a strange voice at night, sneezing and coughing…just enough to irritate me.
However, I knew that fighting this flu naturally would build up anti-bodies and increase my immune system not destroy it. It’s a risk I’m willing to take, but that decision doesn’t come lightly and should be made with extreme caution, because some people have died from this strand of the flu.
As for me, I’m so thankful for the rare occasions I do get sick. I know it sounds strange to say, but it’s true. I’m thankful because I know that I’m building up natural antibodies for the next go round, but more importantly it reminds me of how fragile life is and how much we can take for granted how awesome it is to feel well and be healthy. Being sick humbles us and keeps us grounded.
None of what I say replaces your health professionals diagnoses or suggestions, but even when you have a health professional working with you, it’s your decision how you handle things. Although when you get your medical bill you feel like someone owns you…Do what you can, with what you have and make the most educated decision after you have done your own research and listened to your body every step along the way.
We all have an internal wisdom filled space, that has all the insights and answers to life’s seemingly impossible questions…this includes our health. So get quite, through meditation, and stay in tune with the most important person on the planet…and that person is YOU.